Sunday, January 2, 2011

Breakfast + Dinner = Brinner!!!!

Hello again!  I wanted to get another post up here because I may not have time tomorrow and because the blog is still new and exciting ~kinda like a puppy! :-)  Tonight for supper we had Gingerbread French Toast and Oven Roasted Potatoes!  YUM!  The original french toast recipe is here.  I changed it a bit though so I will go ahead and put it up on the ole blog as well!
1 cup almond milk

1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup chickpea flour

1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2-1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp cloves
* brown rice bread (you can use any bread but this one is GF!)

Ok, so I whisked all of that together in a container and dipped my bread in before cooking it over medium heat on the stove!  Easy, yummy and busy mom alert: FREEZABLE!  I make extra, throw it in the freezer and then take individual slices out for the toaster when I need one!  The little lady loooooves it!  The brown rice bread is really cake-like too so it works really well for french toast!  Now for the potatoes! 

I wouldn't say that I am very good at making up my own recipes and I am especially not good at translating them to others because I tend not to measure things.  I am going to try to get better at this though, I want to be one of those people who can make up their own recipes.  I always find them from somebody else so I am very thankful for those of you who come up with this yummy food on a regular basis!  Anyway, here is my really rough recipe for some pretty tasty taters!
Serves 4:
4 yukon gold potatoes, washed and roughly cubed with skin on!
1-2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1-2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 Tbs chopped fresh chives
2 Tbs olive oil
garlic powder and sea salt to taste
*preheat oven to 450, place oil, herbs, salt and potatoes in bowl and toss to coat, place in 13x9 pan and cook 20-30 minutes turning potatoes once!  Here are the photos, they were really yummy with the raw ketchup from the other night too!

Tasty and delicious!  Let me know if you try the recipes and what you think of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment