Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dinner and a Movie???

Hello!  Well, our intention was to have dinner and a movie, 'Get Smart' actually.  Love that movie.  Cute.  However, the little ones are a bit under the weather.  Even though the toddler went to bed at 6, she never actually fell asleep and promptly started screaming at 7:30.  Poor thing...overtired, stuffy, teething, sneezing, the works.  The baby decided it would be a good time to start screaming then as well.  Poor kids.  Thankfully my wonderful husband helped with both of them and the screaming was minimal!  I usually get frustrated when things like that happen.  I'm tired, they're tired and all I want to do is eat and go to sleep.  I also stop myself from being frustrated as soon as I remember that they are just little and they need their mommy!  It won't be long before they are all grown up and the only one who wants to cuddle is me.  Why should I wish away those moments?  I have nowhere else to be but rocking my babies to sleep.  The movie can wait!  So we just rocked and sang and cuddled until the little girly was ready to go back to bed and the baby boy was simultaneously being rocked by daddy!  Sweet little moments, even if they are boogery!  Love them!  Back to dinner!

We actually did get dinner accomplished.  It was lovely!  I have been wanting to try this salmon for a while now, I just haven't really had a chance until tonight!  I changed the recipe a bit to make it gluten free and it was unbelievable! (and unbelievably easy!)  The original recipe calls for breadcrumbs, but I just doubled the amount of pecans instead!  Here is my adapted recipe!
Ingredients: 
4 pieces wild caught Alaskan Salmon
1/4 cup butter (margarine) melted
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (just put 'em in a bag and whack 'em with a rolling pin, much easier!!)
3 Tbs Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 Tbs Raw Honey (there is so much inormation on raw honey, this is just one source!)
4 tsp chopped fresh parsley

*preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a bowl mix butter, mustard and honey together.  In a separate container combine pecans and parsley.  Place salmon on a baking sheet and pour liquid mixture over fillets.  Add pecans and parsley to the top of your salmon fillets and bake for 10-15 minutes!  Mine took about 13! 

The gluten free mustard!!!!
Our Raw Honey of choice, from a local farm called White Mountain Honey!
Before going into the oven!
Done!!!
I turned these items into a really good and incredibly easy side dish!  Just cook the veggies while the salmon is in the oven!  Then add to a bowl and juice half of the lemon over top, add salt and dill to taste, stir! 

So good and super easy!  Lemon and dill go well with salmon.  We decided not to have rice as originally intended!
Feast! 
We also decided to try Bob's Red Mill gluten free chocolate chip cookies!  We don't do this often because there is absolutely no nutritional value! :-)  They were only okay.  The brownies we had a couple of weeks ago were much better!  There are plenty of dairy free, egg free, soy free, gluten free treats out there that are just as yummy if not more so than the originals!  I wanted everyone to see that we still have cookies and such, just in our own way!

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic day and if you are in this area.......please be careful I am sure the roads are snowy and icy! 

What is your favorite super easy and delicious side dish???



No comments:

Post a Comment