Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Monday!

Every other day, every other day,Every other day of the week is fine yeah, But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes,You can find me cryin' all of the time

Love that song!  Also love the 'Mamas and The Papas!'  If I had some sort of electronic listening device, it would be filled with their songs!  Monday isn't as grim as it used to be now that I have my solo grocery excursions though!  Today I may even get to go with my husband, he has the day off!!!  Mid-day date!  Hooray!  I am prepared with my list of groceries for this week's menu!  I have not been very good about getting to all of my planned meals nor have I been very good about fixing them when they are scheduled.  I decided it might be easier to have seven meals listed, buy the ingredients, then pick from the list as I see fit!  We'll see if this works better?!?

1. Collard Wraps and Chia Chili Cheese Dip!  (major hit!  Kudos to the the Fitnessista)
2. Raw Pancakes ~ we love these!  We used to have them every Sunday morning before church but now we can't seem to get up early enough.  I missed them, we are looking forward to this one!  It's a recipe from my Ani Phyo book!
3. Salsa Al Pomodoro Maccheroni!  Sounds fancy doesn't it?!?  Hehe, it's just macaroni and tomato sauce!  I am going to give you the recipe this week....another creation of mine! Hooray!
4. Save the Chicks Pate, a raw dish again from my Ani Phyo book!
5. Marinated Mushrooms and Balsamic Asparagus
6. Sesame Green Beans and Baked Sweet Potatoes
7. I am going to recreate the dish I had Saturday at Carrabba's.  They have a gluten free menu.  They mix the salads in a separate bowl to try and eliminate cross contamination!  I had the Insalata Fiorucci.  It was really good!  Of course, you know me and my love affair with artichokes...so I am going to make my own version here at home.  I haven't decided what to call it yet!

That makes 4 raw meals, 1 mostly raw meal and 2 cooked!  I am really looking forward to our food this week.  I hope I am able to get to everything!

The Sesame Green Beans are fantastic!  We first had them at my MIL's house for Thanksgiving and I had to have the recipe! So good!

1 pound fresh green beans, washed and ends snapped
1 Tbs sesame seeds
1 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup vegetable broth.  We use Pacific which has low sodium and is GF!

*Saute green beans and sesame seeds in olive oil until sesame seeds are lightly toasted ~about 5 minutes.  Add veggie broth and simmer until liquid is mostly absorbed ~ about 10 minutes!  I like my green beans to retain their 'green' ....so I never cook mine quite as long!  Give it a try, you will love them!

Do you love 'The Mamas and The Papas?'

What songs fill your ipod/Mp3 player?

No comments:

Post a Comment