Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

One of my daughter's favorite books is 'Wacky Wednesday' by Dr. Seuss.  I certainly feel like that has been a real life pattern for us lately!  Maybe we should stop reading that book...hmmm.... ;-)  I have been unsuccessful at all attempts to get anything done the last few Wednesdays and today was no exception!  Little lady refused to take her nap and is very overtired and sleepy and cranky.  Early bedtime tonight?  I think so!  The baby man just could not get enough to eat today and also became overtired.  Nothing I could do was stopping him from crying out of exhaustion, so we just cuddled until he calmed down.  My daughter was soooo good at this point, she just played while I helped her brother and came to check on us occasionally!  Great big sister!  Though, I think it was at this time that she missed her 'sleep window' and thus began her nap refusal! Oh well!  There are no 'Terrible Thursday' books right?  Tomorrow is another day!  Days like today I find it hard to focus on the things at hand, like my babies, and instead worry about the dishes or laundry or the fact that I have yet to brush my teeth!  I have said it before, but I really am trying to get better with this.  I don't want to wish away this time because they are only young once.  I am thankful that I was able to have extra cuddles with both of them today!  I am also very thankful for having discovered raw foods!  They give me the most energy and I just happen to have the easiest raw food dinner planned for tonight!  Raw Pancakes!

These are so delicious and we always eat them with blueberries and shaved coconut!  The recipe is from 'Ani's Raw Food Kitchen.'  They are actually called, Coconut Breakfast Cakes.  Yum Yum Yum!  She suggests any type of true syrup could be used.  Maple, berry, agave....whatever you desire!
2 Cups whole flaxseed or 3 Cups flaxseed meal ( I split the difference!)
2 Tbs liquid coconut oil ( I use coconut butter!)
1/2 cup agave or maple syrup (both are good!)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup water

*Mix it all together and form into pancake shape!  Serve with sliced fruit or any of the syrups listed above or in her book!  Batter will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge!  4 servings!

I love this recipe, it's so simple and really filling.  I never feel like I need an extra long nap after these pancakes like I do with traditional pancakes either!  It's pretty versatile as well.  You could mix mashed banana or any type of nut in with the batter and have 'Coconut-Banana Cream Pie Breakfast Cakes!' (tell me that doesn't sound good!!!)  So needless to say, I am looking forward to supper!

Have a great day! 

Are you hoping for snow?  Or Are you hoping the snow doesn't hit?  (pick a team!)


4 comments:

  1. Well there is the book "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day...but I'm not sure which day of the week that one falls on... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL uh-oh! Thank goodness we don't have that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it all started with the shoe on the wall. the shoe on the wall shouldn't be there at all...

    my favorite book as a kid as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, I guess that explains why I was feeling so funny today :)...now I can blame it on Wacky Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete