Friday, February 18, 2011

Prayers for E!

Hello everyone!  I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather!  I want to share a story with you.  Wednesday morning, I was viewing the post on one of the blogs that I read.  The blog is normally about food and all it's yummy goodness but Wednesday was a little different.  She was sharing with us the story I am about to share with you.

A local mom, by the name of Elizabeth, is in need of many prayers.  She is a stay at home mom of 3 beautiful children, one of which she and her husband adopted!  Though I didn't know her personally at the time, I was just heartsick for this family.  E had been feeling bloated and had some stomach pain on the weekend which was serious enough to go to the hospital on Monday.  Later that week, she found herself in surgery undergoing a complete hysterectomy.  After surgery she learned she had ovarian cancer.  Talk about scary!  Nobody is exempt from disease, not even the young and vibrant!  I continued to read and found that Elizabeth is just that ~young, vibrant and full of life!  She is a wonderful Christian wife and mama as you can see from her blog and is so positive and determined about her upcoming fight.  She continues to praise the Lord with everything she has.  Elizabeth and her family have a very long road ahead of them and the blog world is trying to help spread the word for this wonderful family and ignite the power of prayer!  So, I contacted Elizabeth and asked if it would be ok for me to share her story with you.  Can you ever have too many prayers?  Absolutely not!  I am asking that you be in prayer for this family as they take on this cancer!  If you would like to follow along with them please visit Elizabeth's blog.  Her family has also set up a blog in order to help forward the prayers and give updates.  As a stay at home mom of little ones myself, I can only imagine the things racing through E's mind.  They will incur many expenses so if you would like to help financially, the family would greatly appreciate any donation!  You can also donate through the family blog but your greatest contribution is that of prayer! 


If you would like to learn more about ovarian cancer and how you can help others afflicted with this disease please visit the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance website.  Thank you all so much! 




No comments:

Post a Comment