Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Haha, I originally forgot to name this one!

Hello everyone!  The sun just started to show itself as I started typing this, so yay!  :-)  I was making my grocery list this morning for a menu that I have ready since last Saturday! Ha!  Well, better late than never I suppose!  Now, if I could just get to the store.....

Anyhow, here is our list of dinner possibilities for this week.

Baked Sweet Potatoes  ~We love baked sweet potatoes and it's so easy.  I pretty much alway have them on our menu.  We aren't sick of them yet! ;-)

Quinoa Burgers ~In case you are wondering Quinoa is pronounced 'kee-NO-wah'  OR  'KEEN-wah'  I am going to serve these with lettuce, tomato and probably tahini dressing or some other kind of greek dressing.

A&E Salad ~ minus the goat cheese.  The items on the menu this week were picked specifically for being mild on my stomach.  Every time I ingest any amount of gluten (which is only from cross-contamination these days, but darn it all....gluten is everywhere!) my stomach gets tied in knots and hurts me for at least three days.  My system has been inflamed for a couple of weeks so I picked these dishes accordingly.  The goat cheese is not good for the gall-bladder!

Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash ~ I will be making the G-free cornbread from Yesterday's post to go in this recipe!  I will also be making that soup again because it was delicious, Kyle can take it to work and eat it with the leftover cornbread and it's going to be stormy for the next 10 days.  I like soup when it's rainy!

Spring Rolls ~ I have some rice wraps that I need to use.  We will just fill them with sliced veggies and some other things from around the house.  If I feel like we need more to eat, I will make some rice to go along with them.  We will probably have some sort of sweet and sour dipping sauce made with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, almond butter and plum or grape jelly.

The other two nights are what I like to call, 'Fend For Yourself Night!'  However, I have already cashed those in seeing as how I have yet to go to the store!  Haha! 

Ok, funny story.....my husband does not work close to where we live so the only time he gets to spend with the kids is right before they go to bed.  He wants to spend some time with our daughter everyday so he does her bath every night as part of her bedtime routine.  Well, last night I poked my head in to see how things were going and my daughter looked up at me, looked at her dad, looked at me again and said in her sing-song voice, "Bye, see ya later.  I have ta take a bath!"  Apparently she did not want mommy to impose on her daddy time!  How cute!
Giving daddy kisses after her bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment