Monday, July 25, 2011

A Watched Pizza Never Broils!

It's hot, yes?  Even when the air is on, I do not want to turn on the oven!  I'm not going to order out either.  But I want pizza!  Dilemma?  Not anymore!!!

My new favorite pizza!

This pizza is my new favorite for two reasons:  1.  Super simple  2.  Incredibly delicious!

Gluten Free Tortilla Pizza (can also be vegan)
-Gluten free tortilla of choice (Brown rice gets nice and crispy!)
-tomato paste
-toppings *my favorite are goat cheddar, pineapple, peppers, zucchini....you could use anything!

*Place tortilla on lightly oiled baking sheet sprinkled with sea salt.  Spread tortilla with tomato paste and add toppings.  Be careful not to overload the tortilla or it will not get crispy!  Broil on high for about 8 minutes or until the edges start to curl and get brown.

We love it!!!!  We have used a lot of different combinations and they all work just fine!  This is a great way to hide veggies too!  I very, very finely chop bell pepper and zucchini for my toddler and add to her sauce.  I have also used Daiya cheese with great results!  Whatever you like!

If you want a slightly thicker crust you can use two tortillas.  For this option you just spread a very thin layer of sauce between the two tortillas then stack.  Load the top per recipe above and broil to perfection! 

Enjoy folks!  (We certainly do!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment