Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Thanksgiving Ideas

You can never have too many recipes or ideas for holiday feasting!  Whether you are here looking for an entire Thanksgiving Day menu, a new gluten/dairy free recipe, or a few new ways to eat veggies this post should help. 

I have actually had the menu for this year planned since July.  I get a tad excited about such things and tend to plan months ahead of time.  Sometimes I stick to the menu and sometimes I change my mind entirely.  This year, I added a few things to the original plan and only changed some minor things. 

Our Thanksgiving 2011 menu:

Artichoke Dip plus Gluten Free French Bread

Massaged Kale Salad  There are a thousand different ways to make this salad!  It's so good!

Cauliflower Mash  We're nixing the mushrooms this year and only doing the cauliflower.  The mushrooms were really good though, you should try them!

Green Beans and Potatoes per my husband's request!  ~I don't really have a recipe for this one.  I just cube some potatoes, add them to a pot of green beans, a little sea salt, some garlic and try not to cook the nutrients out of them! ;-)

Stuffed Pumpkin from The Gluten Free Vegan.  This recipe has lots of vegetables, brown/wild rice and nuts.  It's the star of the show!

We will also be having a separate 'stuffing' that my husband requested.  I just make some wild/brown rice, add some toasted pine nuts, cranberries or raisins, garlic, sea salt and a bit of vegetable broth.  Delicious!

We also have three fantastic desserts we'll be making ~and eating!  We are spending the day at our home and going to my mother-in-law's house in the evening.  I am contributing our desserts to the feast. 

Raw Chocolate Tart (This is so delicious, I can't wait to eat it again!)
Yeah, that was good stuff!


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Spiced Buttercream!!!!  These are the BEST cupcakes in the world! 

Adding frosting to the just baked cupcakes!  Soooo good!

Yesterday's post contained lots of yummy recipes and links to savory foods.  Today, I will leave you with more dessert recipes!  It seems that people often find dessert the most difficult to make dairy or gluten free so here are some ideas for you!


Hazelnut Shortcakes ~The recipe is for Strawberry Shortcake but you could use any fruit.  We made it more fall-like with blackberries and dark cherries.  Delicious!

Coconut Whipped Cream to top your pies and shortcakes!

Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls  Make these, they are for real!  Just sub g-free flour for spelt.



Gluten Free Vegan Carrot Cake  ~This is a great recipe and it's delicious!


Chocolate Apples ~These are so festive!



Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment