Thursday, April 19, 2012

Weekly Menu 4/22/12

Hi!  It's menu time!  But first, my goofy cuties would like to say hi....

Every Sunday morning my husband attempts to take pictures of the kids while I get ready.  Usually, I'm lucky if nobody gets hurt and everyone's shoes and clothes stay on!  Though, it looks like my daughter ditched the shoes for this pic! lol  However, once in a while, he gets a cute one!  This is one of my favorites!

Food, yes?

Menu for the week of April 22, 2012:

1. Carrot/Beet/Bean Burgers.  The grocery store did not have any usable beets last week and I refuse to pay full price for beets with completely wilted greens.  I asked two different stores and two different managers if they would discount the beets because I couldn't use the greens (most people don't realize you use the greens also) and they wouldn't do it!  I was not happy nor was I about to pay full price for half-usable beets!  Outrage!  We will try again this week.

2.  Lemon Garlic Pasta.  Looks easy and delicious, I'm sold!  I'll either omit the parmesan altogether or make a quick vegan version. 

3.  Salads with tahini dressing!

4.  Very Berry Millet Pancakes.  You know our love of having breakfast for dinner! We typically have juice/smoothies for breakfast around here these days so dinner is the only time we get to have pancakes and such!  Yum!  She uses blackberries in this recipe and I think that sounds amazing so I hope they are on sale this week! 

Another favorite pancake recipe with roasted red-skins.

5.  Zucchini Black Bean and Rice Skillet.  I have to modify this recipe from a few not so great ingredients to some better choices but it looks really easy and tasty nonetheless.  I'll nix the cheese, use brown rice or quinoa instead of white rice and canola oil is genetically modified so unless I'm sure it's non-gmo and organic.....I'm not using it! 

6.  Cheezy Mushrooms and 'Rice.'  This is a raw recipe and the rice is actually jicama!  Fun! 

7.  Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese and Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.  I'll probably wedge some for my daughter because she is picky about her sweet potatoes.  I don't know yet what I'll serve with these, we'll see what we have at the time ~I'm living on the edge!   

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment