Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekly Menu 4/8/12

It's that time again ~weekly menu day!  I don't have a lot of new recipes in the menu this week.  As I was making our menu and as I am typing this, I'm tired.  I don't see myself gaining a lot of energy between now and when it is time to actually make these meals so I wanted a lot of easy.  If I do find myself with lots of energy, then I shall use it up doing something other than cooking ~yoga!  Hooray!

Menu for the week of April 8, 2012:

1. Chili leftovers.  (If that's not easy, I don't know what is!)

2.  Red quinoa and avocado salad 

3.  Roasted Veggies and waffles.  These waffles are our favorite.  We use a flax or chia egg and it makes about 16 waffles so I have some leftover to freeze for future breakfasts. 

4.  Pasta Bravo ~recipe located in my 'recipes' tab.



5.  Amazing Gluten Free Vegan Pizza.  I'm constantly surprised by the variety of gluten free/dairy free pizzas people have created.  The same goes for mac and cheese.  There are so many different recipes that I never feel like we are eating the same thing over again and they all look so good that I need to try them!  This one is particularly interesting because it has a vegan cheese sauce and some unusual toppings ~mushrooms, corn, onion ~that sound really delicious!

6.  Creamy Potato Onion Soup.  I'm cold.  I don't get it?  I'm pregnant which should equate to roasting all the time but I have not been able to get warm at all.  I have always had questionable circulation and I think that could be some of it but still, I want cold weather comfort foods so soup it is!  I'll also have some glazed carrots and probably broccoli or whatever we haven't used by this particular day.

7.  Cranberry Avocado Salad with Candied Nuts and Balsamic Vinaigrette.  Actually, I'll use whatever dressing I have on hand which will probably be a homemade Italian or some lemon juice and sea salt.  This salad is super yummy and surprisingly filling so we're excited to eat it again.  My kids will eat the individual ingredients ~avocado, cranberries, candied nuts, sliced pepper, carrots and I might make them some chickpea flatbread.  Ok, I will make them some chickpea flatbread.  They eat more than any adult I know!  ;-)

Super simple and equally delicious!  Have a marvelous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment